My top work from home goal is to find ways to earn money that are simple, don’t take a lot of time, and allow me to keep my focus and energy on my family. You can check out my income reports to see details of how much I make each month and what I do to earn the money. I just started earning with Swagbucks and will be cashing out on my first gift card this week ($25 at Amazon!). I’m excited to share what I’ve learned about Swagbucks so you earn money from them too!
This page contains ads/affiliate links. See my full disclosure for details.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is an online rewards program where you cash out your earnings, called Swagbucks, in the form of gift cards (Amazon, Walmart, Target, Visa, etc.). You get Swagbucks (SB) for doing things like watching videos, playing games, searching the internet, shopping, taking surveys, and more. They are legit, been around for years, and have paid out millions of dollars in gift cards. Every Swagbuck you earn is basically worth a penny. However, there are usually gift card deals that make them worth a little more than a penny like 2,250SB can get you a $25 Amazon gift card. But overall just assume 1 SB = $.01. Gift cards go as low as $3 for an Amazon gift card for 300SB so you don’t have to wait long to cash out.
Best Ways to Earn Money
There are a lot of ways to earn easy SB and then there are ways that are just a waste of time. Here’s my recommendations that I think are the best payout for your time.
- Take the daily poll – it’s only worth 1SB, but it literally takes you 2 seconds to complete. I take this when I first open up Swagbucks in the morning.
- Download the Swagbucks TV App – available for Andriod or Apple, this is my favorite daily way to earn SB! I have an old smart phone that I no longer use, but it still works on our wifi so I downloaded the Swagbucks Watch (TV) app on it. Now this old phone makes me about $10/month. When I wake up I turn on the app and let the shows play on the phone all day long. Occasionally I have to push a button or two to switch from watching Recipe shows to Fashion shows once I’ve maxed out the number of videos on one topic. There is an earning limit of 10 SB per day on this app, but after the 10SB you still qualify for bonuses. I don’t know if there’s a limit on the bonuses. I earn around 30SB per day with this app, so after 30 days that’s 900SB which is at least $9/month.
- Watch Videos from your desktop – in addition to the ease of earning SB with your smart phone, you can also watch videos on your desktop to earn SB. Similar to #2, I open up Swagbucks in a separate browser, pick a video and let it run in the background. This takes a few seconds more work than the mobile app because once you’re finished watching a series of videos and earning your, let’s say, 3 Swagbucks, you have to click on another set of videos to watch. So if I’m home and can walk by and click a button, then I do it and keep the videos running, but if I’m out then I don’t earn as much this way since I can’t click to the next set of videos. It’s easy to get 20SB per day, so that’s another $6/month with almost no effort.
- Shopping – this is the big money maker. If you’re ever buying anything online, check Swagbucks first. You get money back for purchases made through Groupon, Living Social, Walmart.com, Amazon, etc. It’s awesome! For example, currently you get up to 7% back for shopping at Amazon through Swagbucks. This doesn’t change your Amazon price, you just need to click to Amazon through Swagbucks. Groupon and Walmart are 8% back, Expedia is 11% back, and Cabela’s is 4% back. So if you spend $100 at Amazon (through SB), you’ll get 700 Swagbucks! These percentages vary and stores available vary, but this is the actual amounts right now as I type this.
- Reach your Daily Goal – every day Swagbucks has a daily goal set for you. If you reach it you get bonus SBs and if you go on a winning streak and reach it every day for a week or then a month, you get bigger and bigger bonuses. My goal today is 40SB and if I reach it then I get a bonus 4SB. If I were to reach my daily goal for a month then I’d get 300SB.
- Explore the “Discover” Section – I didn’t spend much time here when I first started using Swagbucks, but now I love it! In this section you can earn SB by printing coupons (which you probably know I coupon anyway) and get more SB when you redeem them. You can also find awesome deals in the “Sponsored Offers” section on the sidebar of the Discover area. One time I got 2,550 or $25.50 for filling out some information for Dish Network. I have a specific email I use for survey sites (not my personal email) and a Google phone number so I’m never giving out my personal info for these deals, but I am using my own information. I recommend taking a look at Peanut Labs (on the sidebar) and OfferToro. You can get SB for signing up for companies websites, watching videos through these sponsored offers, sharing things on social media, receive samples, etc. There’s lots of interesting stuff in this section and it typically pays decent and can help you reach your daily goal easily.
Other Ways to Earn
In addition to the five ways listed above, there are other ways to earn money with Swagbucks. I do these occasionally, but not regularly because I don’t find the payout to be as worth my time. If I can earn my daily goal with the ways I listed above, then I don’t bother with these next ways. But, if I’m a few SB away from my goal or I have a few minutes to spare then these ways can be worth it.
- Search the Web – I could include this with my top ways to earn, it’s a fairly easy one. You get SBs for doing regular internet searches. You can search through their website or you can download their search bar. I typically get 2SB after making a few searches and it doesn’t take extra time if I’m going to be searching for something anyway.
- Take Surveys – This is in the “Answer” section of Swagbucks. Some surveys are worth your time, others aren’t. One thing I like about SB is you get credited 1SB if you answer the screener question and you aren’t a match for the survey. I’ll usually take the surveys that pay around 50SB and take less than 10 minutes if I’m not busy.
- Play Games – I don’t do any of the online games that cost money, but if you do then you can get 18SB for every $1 spent (amount may vary depending on the day). There’s also three free games that are Swagbuck games that earn you SB for free. I’ve played them to give them a try, but you aren’t guaranteed to earn anything each time you play. They only take a minute, maybe less, and I’ll earn 2 SB after trying two or three times.
- Swag Codes – you can find Swagcodes via Swagbucks Facebook page, Twitter, Blog, etc., or sign up to receive an email when a new code is released so you don’t miss it.