Blogging can make you money! Yes, it really can! It has for me and for many others. There are lots of ways to make money with your blog and affiliate marketing is one of the best!
If you are a blogger and have not yet monetized your blog or become an affiliate yet, I’m glad you’re here. These affiliate programs work for bloggers of all genres and I’ll highlight why I work with each of them and think you should too. If you are not yet a blogger, then you’re missing out! Get started on your blog today and start making money from home. Read my tutorial on how to get started here.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links and ads, read my full disclosure here.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a way to earn money by recommending other people’s products. It’s an awesome way for bloggers to earn money because all you have to do is let people know what products or services you like and if they buy that same product then you get commission for recommending it. For example, I recommend new bloggers use BlueHost to get their website started because that’s what I use and I’ve been very happy with them. If you click on my BlueHost link and then signup for hosting with them, BlueHost sends me money for the referral. Score! Affiliate marketing is typically my #1 revenue source from my blog each month. No matter what genre you blog about, affiliate marketing can work for you. You don’t need to sound like a salesman when recommending a product or compromise your writing style to earn money, simply link to the product with an affiliate link and you’ll get money if a sale is made. Make sense? Below are 6 of my favorite affiliate companies. I personally am signed up with all of them and am recommending them because I’ve been happy with them and hope you can benefit from them too!
My Top Affiliate Companies
1. ShareASale – As the name suggests, affiliate marketing is just sharing a sale. I’m recommending ShareASale first because they are my top performing affiliate marketing network. Once you’re accepted as a ShareASale affiliate, you then apply to be an affiliate for specific companies they represent. They’ve been in business for over 16 years, their website is easy to use, and they have thousands of merchants so they are great for any niche. Some of the companies include: Grammarly, BuyBackWorld, Checks Unlimited, DealFlicks, ModCloth, BornToSell, Sears, Zazzle, and more!
2. Amazon Associates – I’m recommending Amazon as my #2 choice because it is the easiest place to start if you’ve never been an affiliate, plus they have everything! Any product you use, book you read, movie you watched, beauty products you use, etc. can be found on Amazon. Once you’re an Amazon affiliate you simply link to the product mentioned in your post with your affiliate link and you get a percentage of the sale if someone buys something. The cool thing with Amazon is you not only get paid for the product you recommended, but if the person buys other things while shopping through your affiliate link you get a percentage of that too! For example, I recommend this piano book and someone clicks my Amazon link. They might buy the book, they might not, but let’s say they did buy a cell phone case. I’d get commission for the cell phone case even though I didn’t recommend it. If you want to support MyIncomeJourney while shopping on Amazon, use my affiliate link here and you’ll make my day!! (-:
3. FlexOffers – FlexOffers is my second highest grossing affiliate network. Similar to ShareASale, they have thousands of companies they work with so it’s easy to apply to become an affiliate for big names like Betterment, Mariott, Fila, Norton, 123inkjets, Jelly Belly, and the Scholastic Store. Most of the time you’ll have a coupon you can offer your readers so it’s a win-win for them and you! Sign up for FlexOffers here.
4. BlueHost – if you have a blog, then chances are you have someone hosting it for you. I love recommending BlueHost for three reasons: 1)to encourage others to start a blog, 2)I’ve been happy working with them, 3)they pay well. Yes, they get a little extra attention because they pay well. Most of the hosting companies have affiliate programs so even if you don’t use BlueHost, let people know who you use and if you like them. There’s affiliate programs out there for GoDaddy, UKHost4U, HostNed, OneWebHosting, WP Engine, and more! No matter what your blogging niche, let your audience know how you’re able to do what you do.
5. ShopHerMedia – ShopHerMedia has accounts with many major brands and give their affiliates coupons and deals to pass on to their readers. One benefit to SHM is once you’ve been accepted to them you have access to all their campaigns. You don’t need to individually apply to be an affiliate with each company like you do with ShareASale and FlexOffers. Here’s an example of some of who SHM works with: Proctor & Gamble, Vanity Fair, Pampers, Baxter, Red Plum, and many more! Check them out here.
6. Target – Target doesn’t have quite the online presence of Amazon, but who doesn’t love Target? It’s easy to become a Target affiliate and you’ll be able to offer your readers deals like free shipping, set up gift registries, or clearance items. Sign up here to become a Target affiliate.
Keep in mind that becoming an affiliate for products you love and services you use that benefit you does not lessen the validity or integrity of your blog. Your blog can be more than a hobby, it can be a way to make a living. Use your affiliate links wisely and you’ll be rewarded with more than just happy readers!